Thursday, September 08, 2005

Heaven!

Its Saturday morning 10 o’clock. The maid has come (surprise, surprise!) and gone. Aditya has some chores and would be gone for an hour. So for one whole hour I am the Queen of the house! I promptly put on Shubha Mudgal’s ‘Ab ke Saawan’ cassette, turn on the volume and settle myself for 45 minutes of sheer bliss!!!

This album is a God send. Prasoon Joshi’s lyrics, Shantanu Moitra’s (Parineeta fame) music and Shubha Mudgal’s voice create MAGIC! Very rarely you come across an album where each song just tops the other. This is one of such albums. I love listening to it when alone and it transcends me to a totally different level!

The album starts with ‘Dere dere’. A love song and much more. The foot tapping music and wonderful lyrics, give you an idea about what’s to come. The second song ‘Usne kaha’ takes the cake! She sings about how she’s literally begged all the elements to create the atmosphere for ‘him’ and all he says ‘Dekho aane pe mere badlta hai mausam’! Beautiful!! ‘Seekho na’ shows just what a great voice can do to a beautifully written song. ‘Bhai re’ is the best song ever written about any relationship! And Shubha Mudgal’s deep voice lends it a special gravity without making it dead serious.

The next one ‘Hai pyaar to musafir’ talks about love without being clichéd. ‘Is pal’ is a cool song. Again the lyrics rock, ‘Is pal gunahon mein kaisi najakat hai’!!!(Maitreyee, hope you are reading this) This song always transports me to a beautiful beach and puts me in a complete holiday mood. You just can’t help but feel very happy! The next one is the complete opposite! ‘Bairi chain’ almost always touches a chord somewhere and makes me a little contemplative. But not for long, ‘Ab ke sawan’ is next to rock you. As a rule, I hate rains. But this song makes me long for a heavy shower (so long as I am not under it :D) Sings Shubha Mudgal ‘Doorion ka nahi hai mausam, aaj hai who kahan?’
Aditya…

And the bell rings :)

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Maitreyee said...

I was thinking of Shubha Mudgal today and invariably happened to read your blog. :-)
this one got me goosebumps.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home