Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dreams Unlimited

I started my blog with Dreams and here I am back with the topic! Of course the dreams I am talking about now are the ones I experience when I am (supposedly) fast asleep. I have an amazing capacity of dreaming (pun intended) and somehow manage to remember most of my dreams. Of course, I cannot enumerate all my dreams here. But there are some typical recurring patterns that I would like to mention. All Segmund Freuds are welcome with their analysis ;)

I started losing interest in Maths from my 9th std. Though my performance in Maths was never too bad, it never featured in my favorite subjects list. But it took form of a Monster during my engineering years. God alone knows how I managed to survive 3 Maths papers in 2 years (and all in single attempts!!) But almost 5 years after I wrote my last Maths paper I still dream of Maths problems I cannot solve. It’s not always exam papers, but all the same, I almost always fail to deliver the goods. The tension I feel during those times is worse than it ever was in real life!!

Another recurring nightmare, though not so tragic, is I am participating in a drama competition and I don’t know the lines! I haven’t exactly forgotten the lines, it’s just that I never read the script and have gone on the stage without the slightest clue about my dialogues! Believe me nothing can be more embarrassing. Though I never had such an experience in any of my numerous stage appearances, this dream haunts me all the time. And when I finally wake up, I keep scolding myself for not having enough presence of mind to create the dialogues runtime :D

It’s not only phobias that visit me in my dreams ;) I have witnessed some breathtakingly beautiful natural beauties in my dreams! A blue color for water I never knew existed! Gravity defying waves that are powerful but not threatening. A beautiful landscape that can exist only in dreams. Impossible to describe and also impossible to forget! These dreams leave a very strange feeling in my mind. I just don’t feel like getting up. And even when I am back, these images keep haunting me for a long time.

And of course, there are the strange ones when I actually see advertisements, movies, listen to songs! Just yesterday I saw a revised version of Mangal Pandey with Aamir Khan without his moustache and Rani Mukherjee actually having some role!! There was a song and of course some logic defying scenes in water, as usual ;) I have seen ads in my dreams similar to real ones aired before or after! And a coupla dreams have almost come true!!

There are adventurous dreams, scary dreams, and absolutely senseless dreams. A very regular feature amongst the senseless ones is losing my teeth! This is the dream I have seen most frequently. And the funny thing is almost everyone I know have had this dream some or the other time in their life!!

I don’t know what all these dreams mean. I am not even sure they mean anything at all! Maybe they are my way of exorcising my old ghosts (or creating new ones;)) But the fact remains they are almost one third part of my life and I just can’t sleep without them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home